Monday 13 September 2010

Alexa for Madewell.




refinery29

We are giant fans of you and Madewell. What drew you to doing a collab with them?
"It was a brand I really like, and after we had our first meeting, I could tell we were all sort of on the same page about what we could do together, and I could see how it would work. Plus, I got the sense I would have free reign as they were interested in me doing what I wanted, and I found that very appealing."

Alexa Chung's Madewell collaboration was launched online on September 8th and in store two days later and has already mostly sold out. Featuring velvet hot pants, silk shirts, peter pan collar dresses and polka dots aplenty, Alexa along with Madewell the sister store to J Crew created a collection which is both stylish and wearable. The campaign images featuring Alexa wondering around idyllic fields in the countryside, show the wearability of the collection, which consists of the items Alexa felt were missing from her own wardrobe. After falling in love with the collection when it was previewed at New York Fashion Week this February, I couldn't resist but to purchase the Tennessee Dress and Billie Velvet Shorts. If my bank balance was in a less drastic state I would have also treated myself to the Annie Polka Dot blouse (VERY upset I don't currently own this), the high waisted jeans, the Margot silk skirt and the perfect camel coat featured in the collection. Alexa ensured she did what Kate Moss did in her first Topshop collection creating items which would be wearable and go well in anyones wardrobe, I just hope the quality of the pieces match the prices!

Now to hope Alexa is not to busy to create a sequel, as I clearly should start saving now.

Token Chung at the Chanel Soho Reopening last week, she has been flawless recently.
tfs

No comments:

Post a Comment