Monday 7 June 2010

Stylish Ladies.

I feel I have been stuck in a slight style rut lately, I am not feeling as inspired as usual and I think this is in part due to the amount of time spent in my pyjama's during my dissertation and exams.
I was thinking last night of who has inspired me over the year's and rather than films or celebrities, my mind wandered to the many hours of television I have watched and the characters who inspired me.
Here are the top five...

5. Betty Draper, Mad Men
Chic, nipped in waists, florals and married to Don Draper.
Enough said really.
4. Blair Waldorf, Gossip Girl
Eric Damon may have made Blair into a glorified Grandma these days but in Season One those headbands, curls, Lolita dresses and colourful tights were everywhere a few years ago. The Queen B inspired everyone from Marc Jacobs to the high street and I have always really wanted that Marc by Marc Jacobs dress from Thanksgiving.
3. Marissa Cooper, The OC
Yes Mischa is a hot mess nowadays, but go back to 2003 when she played the poised, chic, sometimes alcoholic Marissa Cooper and you will see the character who inspired my fifteen year old self to wear a legion of cropped cardigans, skinny jeans and sequins. The abundance of Chanel she wore certainly helped the viewer ignore her whiny, addictive tendencies.

2. Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City.
Those corsages, the name necklaces, the Oscar de la Renta dress she wore to Mcdonalds, the floral dungarees and most of all her shoes. Carrie Bradshaw inspired a generation of women and disgusted their men. Here she is at her most stylish clad in white with the delectable Aidan Shaw, the man who I'm sorry she should have married.

1. Cassie, Skins
THAT outfit with the white dress, red sparkly tights and gold tap shoes.
The hats, the prints, the gold mini dress from the pilot.
Cassie inspired a generation of faux hipsters long before the irratating goth Effie came along.

Who are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment