Saturday 14 August 2010

Margaret Howell A/W 2010.





tfs

Margaret Howell's Autumn Winter campaign, featuring the gorgeous Alana Zimmer and photographed by Venetia Scott came out this week. The multitude of shearling, tweed and cord in this collection ensured it was one of my favourites of London Fashion Week and the ad campaign which looks like it's set at Oxbridge in the eighties is just perfect. These images of Alana strolling through an old house reminds me of films including Annie Hall and the upcoming Never Let me Go. The juxtaposition of masculine and feminine in Howell's collections which feature a multitude of tweed, checks and silk shirts simultaneously remind me of a Grandma and a hipster. The final image of Alana in a chair with natural hair and make up and a gorgeous mid length skirt is my favourite, and perfectly encapsulates this seasons return to femininity.

No comments:

Post a Comment